home sweet home

The past few days have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. It has made me realise who I need and who I don't need in my life. I've decided that come rain or shine, no matter whether I get into university or not I WILL be moving. I really feel like I need a new scene, meet new people. Especially if I get into York, it's such a beautiful, historic town. From the shambles to the minster. It made me also think I'd like my home to look like when I'm older.. Here's a few inspirations..

I picture myself in a cottage or terraced house, maybe in the Lake District (one of my favourite places on Earth, it's serene and has amazing beauty throughout the seasons). A house with a little wooden gate, a gloriously bold & bright garden, full of every kind of flowers, but especially a house with roses around the door and ivy crawling upon the walls..


Toile, I think Toile pattern is just so simple yet beautiful. I'd love this on my walls or even just one wall in my bedroom.. but in the duck egg blue colour rather than pink. I think blue is more versatile and easy to build around (and isn't as girly obviously)..



A bedroom full of shabby chic furniture, a beautifully crafted, embellished bed frame, glistening chandeliers, peonies on a bedside table..


I don't want to bore you with all the details but there's some ideas, I can't wait to incorporate that into my own place!


Hope you're all having a good week!
xoxo

Comments