newspaper nails

Hello beauties! Second post of the day to make up for my lack of posts!! As you many have saw in my last post I mentioned something about 'newspaper nails' and may have wondered what on earth I was on about well.. after trawling the Topshop blog I came across this http://insideout.topshop.com/blog/2011/07/newspaper-nails-.html .I love painting my nails and keeping them nice, so I thought I would give this a go!

What you need..
- Surgical Spirit. (Bought mine from Boots for around £4)
- Newspaper
- Light coloured nail varnish, white/grey/pale pastel colours..
- Top coat, clear nail varnish
- Bowl
- Scissors

1. Cut sections of the newspaper out.. make sure they cover your nail but that you have room to hold it to let it dry. Probably cut 3cm by 3cm or a little bigger (doesn't just have to be words, cut bits of crosswords or sudoku out)
2. Pour enough surgical spirit into the bowl to dip the newspaper in.
3. Paint your nails in the pale colour that you have chosen and then let them dry. I chose Rimmel 60 Seconds in 405 Rose Libertine.
4. Pick up one piece of your newspaper cutting and dip it into the surgical spirit.
5. Place on top of your nail and press gently, make sure that all of your nail is covered. (Make sure not to move it.)
6. Hold on for around 30 secs or a little longer.
7. Repeat for all of your nails.
8. Wait 5 mins once you have done them all to let the ink dry.
9. Once you have done this place a clear top coat on.

VoilĂ , you now have a set of 'newspaper nails'. Please do bare in mind that it may not work on your first go, it took me two goes until I got it near enough right for the times etc. So if your first go doesn't work, just give it another go :-)







Go , enjoy & pamper yourself! 

Have fun giving this a go! I was really excited and received lots of lovely comments about how good it looks :-)! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Ps. Would just like to say RIP to those who have recently passed away, RIP to those children who have lost their parents and parents who have lost their children in the Somalian crisis, RIP to the Norwegians who have sadly lost their lives, RIP to Amy Winehouse- such a talented musician that wasted her talent. xoxo

Comments

  1. this is FABULOUS!! love it. stephanie.x
    www.theraspberrybranch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment