once upon a charity shop

Today I was supposed to be at work from half one until half five, but luckily my boss called me and said I was to come in tomorrow instead of today. Worked out well for me as the weather is lovely..ish anyway, a little bit of a heat wave but I hate it when it's muggy and humid, much prefer hot! Anyhoo, I decided to have a little walk into Darlington and explore a little more as I've never done so yet. There is a load of back alleys full of delightful little cafes, bakeries, tapas bars etc. I came across Oxfam in one of them, sometimes I won't bother with charity shops but after my last successful trip to a charity shop I decided to have a look in. It was a pretty big shop selling Fairtrade as well. I didn't buy any clothes, however I pickled up a few little gems among the book department! I really want to get back into reading again, I used to be able to sit for hours on end reading. I love how you create your own image in your head of what you are reading.


(top to bottom) Enduring Love by Ian McEwan 50p, Anton & Cleopatra by William Shakespeare £1.49, Discovery & Romance by Mary Treadgold.


Discovery & Romance.. Published in 1946, thought it was cute considering it had a message inside 'Marjorie, with love from Aunty Ethel, Christmas 1948'..


Ian McEwan's Enduring Love. I recently asked my friend to recommend me some books and this was one of them, a bargain of 50p!

 Antony & Cleopatra by William Shakespeare. I've always enjoyed Shakespeare, from The Tempest to Romeo & Juliet. I thought I would invest in another one of his works.


I've promised myself to do one post a day for this week, I have a few things lined up. Autumn/Winter 11 fashion trends, my A/W wishlist, 'whats in my bag', round up of the week! P.s can't quite believe it's August already, bloody Christmas will be coming around soon! eeeeek. Hope you are all well :-) 
xoxo

Comments