A handmade Christmas

I love Christmas!! It's that time of year where I can watch all my favourite Christmas films and re-watch programmes such as Only Fools & Horses! One of my favourite aspects about Christmas is the decorations and making the home feel so cosy that all you want to do is curl up on the sofa, read a book, watch films and generally relax. I wish I could do that this year but silly me got a temporary Christmas sales consultant job.. not that I'm complaining because I do enjoy work (and the money) but I could literally sit and cry at the fact that I'm barely going to be at home over the festive period, I will be in York in my student accommodation.. All alone! 

However when I do have some time to go home I cannot wait to help my dad put the tree up and decorate it, last year was just perfect. We put the tree up whilst watching films, Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium being the favourite. It was such a lovely day. 
After watching Kirsties Handmade Christmas on Channel 4 last night it has totally inspired me to be a bit more creative this Christmas and make some handmade decorations.. My favourite handmade decorations were the snow globe, heart garland and a decoupage tea light!

snowglobe

kids' christmas lamps

Heart shaped garland

I love the fact that these don't only have to be festive for Christmas, you could put any decoration you like in the snow globe, put any pattern you like on the tea light lantern and do any colours for the garland, for example to put in your bedroom. I cannot wait to give these a go myself when I return home for a couple of days. You can get all the bits & bobs that you need from any craft shop! 
I shall let you know how mine go! 

Have fun decorating your tree! xoxo

Comments