'good things' come to those who wait

Good Things is a beauty and skincare range with super fruits designed to make the most of your skin. This range of products by Alice Hart-Davis (British beauty journalist) is aimed at young skin, so preferably from 15 to early 20s. 
Personally, I've never had a good skincare routine *queue peoples shocked faces*, but recently I've had some blemish and skin problems, prompting me to get into the habit of a skin care routine. Going into drugstores to look for a good cleanser, tone and such can become a total chore and nightmare as there is far too much on the market to choose from. After looking at numerous potions and bottles (and shop assistants getting a little wary of me, possible shoplifter) I picked up a few 'Good Things' items, one being a cleanser and the other a mattifying moisturiser, yes, backwards I know!!



The first item I chose to try out was the Deep Pore Anti Blemish Cleanser with super fruit extracts fig and wild strawberry. (200ml around £5.99 approx.) I chose this one due to the problems I've been having with spots and blemishes over the past month as it really started to get me feeling down.

What they say.. For skin prone to breakouts and oiliness, our 2-in-1 cleanser and toner helps to unclog pores and remove excess seburn without stripping your skin's natural oils. It will take off your make-up too, and has hydrating fig extract to soften skin. Super fruit beauty boosters include wild strawberry extract for radiant skin, along with willow bark and licorice extract which both help keep bacteria at bay.

What I say.. I've been using this twice a day, morning before I apply make-up and on a night after removing make-up, for around a month know and I can really notice the difference. I concentrate more of the cleanser around my t-zone when applying but I still apply all over my facial area. My break outs tend to be on and around my chin area, this cleanser has reduced the redness and has now started to clear them up. Blemishes and spots are a lot less frequent and I can see a visible different in my skin, it seems to be a lot.. healthier and clearer in general. So far so good *touch wood*


I haven't really used the moisturiser as such yet.. Putting a cleanser into my -non existent- routine was hard enough to start with but I've just never enjoyed using moisturiser. I think it's more the fact that I know I have quite combination-oily skin that I'm afraid of them. But.. no doubt in time I will incorporate this and will be just as impressed!!


Once starting a routine, at first it might seem strange but after a while it's something you can't go without. You can really notice a difference in your skin. Around my nose area the pores would usually be quite visible but after using this product they are a lot less visible and my skin in general seems a lot more bright and healthy. 


..you can purchase these products at Boots stores, Superdrug and now at Sainsburys.
If you want to find out more, visit the website http://www.goodthingsbeauty.com/



Comments