the month of may

New post series! At the beginning of every month I though I would do a post of my favourites for the coming month and my things to look out for!

Music

Rita Ora ft Tinie Tempah - RIP. Absolutely love this song however, I have a huge love for drum, bass and dubstep so love this remix by delta heavy! 


SBTRKT - Pharaohs.  A lovely song to chill out to on a sunny day (praying that we get some form of warm weather soon unlike the amount of rain we have had lately)


Also.. look out for The Cribs new album 'In the Belly of the Brazen Bull'. LOVE!! Here is one of the tracks from the album called Glitters like Gold.




Fashion


My favourite fashion trends for this month. Plain and simple monochrome with a punch of colour! Flower print black and white formal joggers from Topshop shop with a punch of colour from a neon clutch and some statement jewelry is what I'm sporting for this month!

Another favourite of mine for this month would be 'British'. It's all to do with the British this year with the Queens Jubilee along with the 2012 Olympics being hosted in London. Sport your favourite British designer from Vivienne Westwood to Alexander McQueen! If you can't afford to do that.. well there's always the options of the 'British' images, from a union jack flag to a bowler hat on your head.


Books


I used to love reading and this year I have indefinitely rekindled my love for just sitting a reading. However, none of this Kindle malarkly, I love the feel of a proper book. Turning the corner instead of a bookmark, that smell of a new or old book. You just can't beat it!!!


My favourite reads for this month along with some picks are:
 - David Nicholls 'One Day'. Absolutely love this book! It's funny, heart wrenching and pulls you in at the first page. I definitely recommend you read this.
 - Jon Ronson 'The Psychopath Test' .. a journey through the madness industry. I haven't read this book yet as I have only just purchased it. I've seen it around a lot and to me I'm hoping it's one of those thought provoking books that leaves you wondering and gets the mind flowing. Seems highly interesting.. and I'm also told a bit of a comedy. Perfect.
 - 'The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington'. I frigging love An  Idiot Abroad. It really is quite funny, just because he is so ignorant and unwilling to try new things. I picked this book up as a nice light read full of humor. Just what I need after I finish my last exam of my first year at university. (Another separate post on that soon.


Films


The one film I am forcing you to go and see is Marvel's Avengers Assemble. Completely amazing. Go grab yourself a pick'n'mix and a frozen fanta drink!


Let me know what you think to this sort of post! Speak soon xoxo

Comments