july one's to watch

MUSIC
Sometimes I think I love music far too much for my own good! Without fail everyday I will have Itunes on playing the song to suit my mood. So here are my one's to watch for this month..


Alt J - MS.
Recently just discovered their music and it's fair to say I'm hooked. Perfect for chilling out with.

Charlie XCX - Nuclear Season
If you love Marina & the Diamonds you will love Charlie XCX. Edgy and cool.

Frankie & the Heartstrings - Hunger
These are a North-East band (Sunderland) so it's just fortunate that I love them!

The Vaccines - No Hope
I was introduced to these last year by their first single Post Break-Up Sex and then I luckily got to see them live at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend on the 'New & Introducing' stage. They did not fail to impress me! Since then they have gone from strength to strength! Love them.

FASHION
Well for most of us in the UK we haven't really experienced much of summer. It's been more like 40 days & 40 nights of rain for some us! Last week we had torrential downpours and thunderstorms affecting my area of the North-East terribly, many roads flooded, shops and houses. Streets turned into rivers of their own! So since I'm not going anywhere on holiday this year to enjoy some much needed vit D, I think I might as well just prepare for AW!
I love AW, chunky knits, layering, parka coats, boots & leather. My favourite key pieces for AW are:
  • Leather Jackets, they can add an edge to a autumnal floral print.
  • Chunky knits - layer with a tee underneath and a denim jacket on top
  • Jewelry - I always tend to wear more jewelry when it comes round to AW. Layer those necklaces, fill your fingers with upper knuckle rings, skull rings and more. 
BOOKS
I've recently bought too many books from Waterstones. They cost a bomb! So on a recent trip to a cute little market town, full of antique & charity shops I decided to have a little look in. Not only did I stumble upon an amazing tie-dye denim jacket for a bloody bargain of a good old £5 but I had a look at the books to! Charity shops are great for books, really cheap and sometimes brand new books are available! I picked up Phillipa Gregory 'The Other Queen'.. Brand new & unused for 99p!! I also picked up Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (not the supermodel) for 99p, hooked on this book! So my books for this month.. I don't have any but go check out your local charity shops!

FILMS
Dear me, I'm not joking when I say I could spend a whole day in the cinema. Give me a bag of pick & mix and a frozen slush and I'm quite content for a day. Too many amazing films are coming out over the next month..

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Something I wouldn't normally see but looks really good!
Chernobyl Diaries - It seems like an intriguing horror! Love a good horror.
Snow White & the Huntsman - I still need to see this twisted version of the original Disney classic,
Ice Age 4 - Basically be there... or be square! A film for all. Who doesn't love Sid the Sloth?!
The Amazing Spiderman - We all love a superhero, also fact Andrew Garfield is playing him. *eye-candy*
The Dark Knight Rises - Again, this year is full of superheroes from Avengers to Spiderman & Batman.

What are your picks for this month?!
xoxo

Comments