my experience: university year 1 - ACCOMMODATION!!

So this is my 3rd post in this series! This is going to give you a little insight into my specific accommodation that I stayed in for my first year at university.

Where I stayed...
I stayed in the halls of residence in my university. These halls were called Percy's Lane and are the newest halls for students to stay in.

Location...
All of the halls for my university are dotted around the city centre. Mine were around a five minute walk from the town centre (bad for my poor card), about a ten minute walk my campus and a couple of minutes from the nearest supermarket. An absolutely ideal location for my first year, saves money on taxis home from a night out as it's short & safe enough to walk back, great for getting your food shopping and being able to just about manage to carry them back and not too close but not too far away from campus meaning you can just walk. I also loved the fact that literally around the corner from my accommodation there was a street full of the cutest little restaurants! I only ever went to one (as no-one ever wanted to go to the others with me) but it was super nice. I'll probably go back just to go to them!

Facilities...
As I said my accommodation was pretty new. The rooms in Percy's Lane all had en-suite bathrooms which I was super pleased about as I didn't really fancy sharing a bathroom.. you never know how hygienic people are! The en-suite was pretty small but did the job, toilet, sink and a shower which was pretty powerful! My room itself was a decent size. Single bed, a desk, drawers, shelves, a corkboard and a wardrobe. The only thing that I really disliked about my room was the fact the wardrobe was literally tiny! Also the fact that quite a lot of university's have a safety lock on the windows meaning in summer it can get quite hot in the room, which isn't too nice. Oh, also rooms have heaters!

The flat itself...
So in my flat there was 5 rooms altogether and a kitchen/living area right at the end. The kitchen was pretty decent too. Modern. We had a cooker & oven (electric), a fridge/freezer, lot's of cupboards. We all took two cupboards each. Also in the kitchen/living area there was a table with 5 chairs and we had two sofas too! We had plenty of room for activities and we brought a television to put in the room, along with a DVD player (remember you have to pay for a television license)

I think that's all there really is for me to say about the actual accommodation itself!

PART FOUR will be about what it is like to live with others!


If you have any questions for me about university or anything.. just ask me on 
TWITTER / E-MAIL / LEAVE A COMMENT

xoxo

Comments