sunday rundown: olympic edition

Being british means so many things. Cups of tea, scones & the Beatles. From 2012 being British is the amazingness and significance of the Olympic opening ceremony. A celebration of everything that defines Britain and everything British. From music to movies, from the industrial revolution to the best of English literature and the amazing achievements that Britain has made over the centuries. It was certainly an extremely British occasion. Full of British humor, British icons and our speciality of eccentricity.

Hat's off to danny boyle for creating a celebration of Britishness and making us all ever so proud. From Paul McCartney to David Beckham. The Queen 'parachuting' was a favourite highlight of mine. The way he incorporated every single participating country into one ceremony was amazing. The olympic cauldron with 204 copper petals to signify every country included in the Olympics was a completely genius idea. Utterly amazing.

A celebration of our history, the Industrial Revolution, our soilders that have lost their lives fighting for our country, our history of amazing literature.. from Harry Potter to Peter Pan. I loved our social media and culture history rundown, a complete mixtape of classic British singers and songs, from Queen to the Rolling Stones to Dizzee Rascal and his cheeky little live performance!

Anyhoo, enough of my Olympic and British happiness! This week has been pretty decent! Monday me and a few of my best friends went to the beach for the day, it was so nice to get away from the town for a day. Was lush apart from the extreme wind.. surprised I didn't have sand imprinted into my head, too windy! Few cheeky little cans and games. Great day. The rest of the weekdays was majorly spent looking for a duvet cover for my new university house! Successful after two days of looking, two gorgeous covers, a floral lavender one and absolutely divine one from Lawrence Llewlyn Bowen's collection. Thursday night I had a lovely girly sleepover with my best friend, pizza and 'This Means War'. My perfect night, I sooo don't need a guy. Yesterday I went to York with my mama bear to show her my new house and so I could get some help on unpacking :-)!


sunbathing / bob marley / my relaxing perfect day / #warmupandwin
yum, snapple / OOTD topshop printed trousers / sneak peak of new room

xoxo

Comments