grab life & opportunities with both hands

Lately I have been over thinking far too much for my own good! You know when you feel a bit low and down, and then you begin to think how to sort yourself out #giveheadawobble .. (please note that this is going to be an extremely rambly post where I'm venting my feelings that more than likely won't be of interest to anyone) Well I've been doing exactly that. It's not a healthy thing I do but I can't help it. I've always said to myself that I really don't have a plan in life of what I want to do, where I see myself or life goals. I intend to see how things go, follow the road and go with the flow. Don't get me wrong.. I have dreams of being a journalist, always have done, but that's just a pipeline dream and I doubt I'll ever get there (major lack of self confidence going on here). Despite this I've always said that I would never regret anything and that I would also grab opportunities by both hands!

So.. half way through my first year at university I found out that I could get the amazing chance of studying abroad. I remember looking at uni courses and this opportunity looked like one that could not be missed, a once in a lifetime opportunity to study abroad.. or more specifically in my case.. NEW YORK! When it actually came round filling out the forms and checking more into it I decided against going to study abroad. Massive regret now. At the time I thought of all the expenses, the distance from home, the fact I would have to find someone to live in my house for the three months I weren't there. It all just seemed like a load hassle. As much as I wanted to go I just didn't know if it was going to be worth the hassle.

But looking back I really regret not jumping at the opportunity of a lifetime to study in New York for 3months! It would have been an amazing experience. Really hoping & praying that I can get the chance to again next year fingers crossed for me!!

My advice to you guys.. don't sit and think about life changing opportunities as they may only come around once. Grab them with both hands!!! :-)

P.S HIYAAAA, from my lovely new netbook!

xoxo

Comments