my experience: losing weight

Okay so here goes a series that I'm going to try my hardest to keep at! In my opinion the British Summer was well over before it started, I'm off for my second year at university in 3 weeks and Christmas is fast upon us don't shoot the messenger With that in mind I'm going to start a regime that will have me in that perfect LBD by Christmas without looking the way I do now. After great feedback in my last 'my experience' series I'm going to start a new series about my experience on losing weight! So in this series expect to see my gym or fitness routine and what I'm eating! Also I may throw in a few items I'm loving, whether it be equipment, food or clothes! Here goes...

I think when it comes to wanting to lose weight you need to give your self a managable target, something exciting at the end of hitting that target and to begin with the basics! What I'm going to do first in order to get myself started is this..

  • get a diary or notebook and write you daily food/exercise diary
  • take your measurements.. this way you can keep checking up to see how you're doing! So this includes hips, waist, bust. Oh and get your current weight written down too!
  • scour the internet and books for healthy recipes that you will enjoy
For me losing weight isn't about eating a carrot stick and running 100miles a day, it's about eating healthy, eating in moderation, food portion size and exercise (a good amount!). You don't want to make yourself ill by eating 100 calories a day and running til you pass out! I've never been a girl that has been happy with her weight or is super body confident. I think when I was at sixth form was the time where I felt most body confident and I was generally happy with my weight and such. Buttt since going to uni and the uni lifestyle of drinking and eating rubbish it has made me put on a heck of a lot more weight than I ever imagined I would. I'm not skinny and never will be but I'd love to get to a size and shape that I'm happy with. Of current I'm a size 14/16 depending on the shop. So from now on I pledge my allegiance to losing weight! In an ideal world I'd love to get to a size 10/12 but my now I'm just going to set my self weight loss targets for each month, for September I'm going to set myself a target of losing half a stone.. which is 7lbs!

I will keep updating you with insights into my food diary, how I'm doing, how I'm feeling and so on! Hope you enjoy this new series xoxo

ps. huge shoutout to Rhiannon from okthistime ..she's a lovely, lovelyyyy girl with a blog and youtube channel in the same boat as me using it as an outlet! massive hugs for her at the moment. alsoooo check out her youtube channel as she is such a real person, i mean i know she's real but she speaks the honest truth and have a little insight into her life xxxx

Comments