one's to watch: august

MUSIC
As you can see from my music one's to watch this month I really do have such a varied taste in music! I reckon there's a song for every occasion down below..

Example - Say Nothing
Basically, one of my favourite artists. Love him.

Polica - Wandering Star
Heard this on Radio 1 and fell in love. Beautiful.

Frank Ocean - Pyramids
So much hype around his album. This is my favourite song from Frank Ocean's latest album Orange.

Knife Party - Bonfire
A sweet mix of dubstep, drum & bass and reggae. Amazing.


FASHION
Similar to last months post on fashion really. If you check out my latest lust list you can see I'm head over heels for this years A/W fashion. In my opinion hurry up and get the key pieces.
This years A/W12 trends include:

  • gothic.. black (and lots of it), lace & feathers
  • oriental.. colours, prints & obviously Kimonos 
  • grunge.. think 90's, dungarees & band tees
  • androgynous.. trench coats, suit talioring & bowler hats
  • maximalist.. embellishment galore, metallics & embroidery
  • geek chic.. deirdre barlow glasses, mad prints & bright knits

BOOKS
I don't really have any books for this month as I'm currrently on ordering my books for my advanced reading for my second year at university! To me, these books are going to be really interesting (I hope), they are all based on the modules that I chose. If you fancy an interesting read, maybe check these out..

- R. Service: A History of Modern Russia
- P. Parrish: The Anxious Decades
- Susan Caruthers: The Media at War (excited to read this!)
- Kenny K: The American Irish
- J. Githings: The Changing Face of China

FILMS
Seriously, I need a cinema buddy and a wad full of money for that matter. I love the cinema yet no one ever wants to go. I love the comfort of watching a film on a big screen with good company along with a pick'n'mix and a slush thrown in for good measure. I don't particularly have any picks for this month either. Seriously this post is drab. All that is on my mind is the thought of Student Finance.. which in 24 hours I still haven't finished and I have had to make several phonecalls to them. Why can't they make things simple. Also had trouble in sorting payment out for my new house, nightmare no.2. Someone give me a break ha.

xoxo







Comments