beauty v brains

Hello everyone! This is going to be a little lengthy wordy post. I pinched this little idea from the diary of a poor girl! I love a good tag especially where I can get to tell you a little more about me as a person :-)

Favourite book

For me this is a pretty hard question to answer! I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. Yesterday, funnily enough (going off on a little tangent with an anecdote) I was clearing out the garage with all my stuff that I have collected over the years. I found so many books that brought back so many memories! Just like Hannah from The Diary of a Poor Girl, there was a huge stash of Jaqueline Wilson books! From The Suitcase Kid to The Lottie Project to Midnight, there was loads. Other books such as The Hobbit was there (I haven't actually read that one yet), along with the full set of The Chronicles of Narnia! It's really tough to say that I don't think I can have a favourite book as such. I love each book I have read for a different reason, whether it be the memories I have from it or how I relate to the book or just the fact it was a great read. Harry Potter has to be a favourite book in many a childs life, I mean a girl of my age grew up with Harry Potter! At the moment my favourite author (cheating I know) has to be Philippa Gregory. I first heard about her books from The Persian Babe (youtuber), and since picking one up to read it I have fell in love. As you all know I am a history student, but being a history student means there are aspects of History that you love more than others.. for me I love contemporary history. This book is set in Tudor times but I really love it. It's interesting to see the debates over religion and how it's affecting the Queen Mary at the time. So.. my favourite book has to be every book for a certain reason! I know I'm sitting on the fence with this question but all the books I've read are a favourite in a different way. I am a bookworm. End. Of.

Favourite quotation

'Dream as if you have forever, but live as if you only have today' has to be a favourite quotation of mine. What person doesn't have dreams? Dreams can only take you so far in life. Each day you never know what is going to happen so why not live it to your fullest? Do things that you would never do. Do new things every day. Be daring & go wild. I think a quotation like this says a lot about a person. As I've said in the past, I never really plan my life out. I take each day as it comes, but that's not to say that I don't have dreams because of course I do! I also love this quotation because it is quite similar to what I have as my tattoo on my ribs 'each day is a gift, not a given right. Although this was taken from a Nickelback song it really does have truth in it.

English or maths?

I think I'd have to say English. I really do wish that I loved maths a little more, or that I was a little brainier to be good at it! I was in second from top set in maths but I feel like I was always sat there thinking, what is this woman on about?! So definitely English. I really enjoyed English Literature at GCSE but I didn't pursue it further! Actually, yesterday I came across my Anthology (yes, that much hated Anthology) but do you know what? I'm keeping it. I think some of the literature in it is beautiful. I think I've always loved English. Just th other day I was saying to my mam that I found it mind boggling that since birth I've been learning how to read and write. The fact that we learn plurals, like leaf - leaves. I think it's mind boggling stuff! I mean I dream of being a journalist and for a job like that you have to have a love of English. You can't just write a bog standard piece of literature, you have to write something that people can connect with. 

Science or art?

This is a little more tricky than the prior question! I love art. Always have & always will. My dad is an artist! I definitely have his genes. I love all the different aspects of science though! Just like maths, it's a mind boggling subject with a huge variety of different topics. I mean the whole question of the universe in general is a subject that is always being talked about. I do love science, I'm a geek at heart & not afraid to share it ha. Art, I've always loved art. At GCSE I took art and my teacher said to me you'll never do great, you never do the work, you'll get a D at best. I proved that bitch wrong and got a B. I know I'm good a drawing and art. I don't need her opinion. I haven't really done much art wise since I finished my GCSEs and to be honest I feel a little out of sync. I feel like I have forgotten how to draw & paint. I think that's impossible but that's how I feel. I now feel like my calling is writing. As much as I am creative, I need to get myself into art again! Tips anyone?

5 musical artists that changed your life

I wouldn't say that any artists as such have changed my life! I do feel like music is a big part of my life and I have such a wide varied taste of music, from acoustic to dubstep. Instead of 5 artists that 'changed my life' I'll do 5 artists that I love. Now that question is easy peasy lemon squeezy! Two of my favourite artists that my love keeps on growing for is Calvin Harris and Example. Love, love, love their music! Especially the fact that I saw them both live in Ibiza last year, ahhhh the good memories. Another one of my favourite artists has to be Lady Gaga, purely because she is amazing. Bob Marley is definitely their in my top 5, he's an absolute legend! You know what, decided there is no way I can choose just five, it's impossible with my wide range and I love too many different genres and artists which fall into those :-)

Favourite & least favourite subject at school

Hmm favourite subject at school.. I think I would have to say Media. Hence my dreams of being a journalist. Either that or English. I really did enjoy media and making magazines. Least favourite subject would probably have to be Maths, purely for the fact I never did well. 

Favourite 'celebrity with a brain'

Hmmm. Definitely Stephen Fry. That man is amazing. However, I did find out recently that he had been to prison some years ago for fraud or something. I thought that was a very interesting fact!!

If you could study anything, anywhere, what would it be?

As I'm a History student, I'd either have to say that or law or journalism. I think law is a really interesting topic as law is different everywhere and there's so many different punishments from now back into the past. Hangings, to the death sentence, to 2 years in prison. Where would I want to study... Like I said in a previous post I missed out on the chance to study in NYC for 3 months, so I think I would like to say there.. or maybe London if I did a journalism course! But hopefully I will do a masters in Journalism in London :D

What is your nerdy little secret..

I don't think I really have a nerdy little secret. I do love the weather & geography! I remember when I wanted to be a meteorologist when I grew up haha. That and I love documentaries. I find them fascinating. Astrology too, I find these kind of nerdy things really interesting and mind boggling.

Favourite beauty gurus who you admire for more than their love for beauty/fashion

I definitely have only two answers for this Barbara from ThePersianBabe & Sammi from BeautyCrush. I've watched Barbara since she first started YouTube and she's an absolute gem. She is lovely, caring and such a genuine person. I adore her. Not only is she beautiful with great style, she is a lovely person who I love to watch on YouTube and is a lovely person in general. Oh and we have the same birthday too hehe. I haven't watched Sammi since she began but I've been watching her videos for about a year now. She is so funny and always cracks me up when I watch her. She is also a lovely person, funny, kind, and caring. Love her, her videos and her style!

If your blog couldn't focus on beauty/fashion, what would it be?

I wouldn't say my blog is hugely based on beauty/fashion but to me it's a place where I write general life going ons and such. If my blog didn't do what it was doing then I think I would focus it on... on other things that interest me. Such as History, Weather, (nerdy programmes like Frozen Planet haha).

Name some things that you're obsessed with that other people would find strange

Penguins. I love penguins. They are so cute and just awwww. I love programmes like Frozen Planet, Blue Planet, Planet Earth and all of them! Hmmm what else? The fact I can't drink tap water on it's own? I can drink tap water when mixed with say Robinsons fruit juice, but on it's own I just can't! I have to have all my coat hangers in my wardrobe facing the same way too. Okay.. I've made myself sound like an actual freak haha.

Name 5 people who inspire you (no friends or family)

Oh god. I'm always terrible at questions like this! It may be a cliche when I say this person but I would have to say one person who inspires me is Lord Alan Sugar. He went from nothing to a millionaire. If he can do it we all can do it. Probably more the fact that I love The Apprentice too! I'm probably a bit of a weirdo but there really isn't a celebrity or anyone like that who inspires me in such a dramatic way. You'll always look at celebrities and think wow look where they've got themselves or look what they've done. There really isn't anyone apart from friends and family to be honest. People like nana are the ones who inspire me the most. The woman has been through so much.. she got evacuated up north when the war began, had 2 kids, she's had breast cancer, a heart attack, knee operations, looked after me and my cousins. My nana is a complete insparation to me! At 84 she still cracks me up with the things she comes out with, she still goes out and does things even though it may be hard for her to walk, she loves her family more than anything and she's the only grandparent I've ever had. Love her to pieces. (okay I'm getting emotional now)

Who is your intellectual soul mate

I think I'd have to say someone like Stephen Fry or Hugh Laurie. I feel like I could have a good conversation with them two! Or Nick from The Apprentice, you know Lord Sugars aide. He seems like someone I could have a good conversation with.

Well I hope you've enjoyed this post! Took me a while to write all this and think about the answers haha. You probably all think I'm a weirdo now too ha. xoxo

Comments

  1. aw these are such good questions! Love your answers too, I LOVE Nick from The Apprentice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chica! I know, he seems really intelligent but he's such a cutie too xo

      Delete
  2. Well this was a good read, thank you for the mention :)
    I jut wanted to say a huugeeee thank you for your comment on my recent post, it's always lovely to hear that other people struggle too, it's nice to have such a good community on Blogger :) Someone should really tell families to shush about the weight, I don't think they realise that it can knock someones confidence xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for yours too! Such a good post :-)
      Tell me about it! Families ey, can't live 'em, can't live without 'em
      xo

      Delete

Post a Comment