by the light of a dozen candles

It's the end of October, the cold dark night are drawing in, the clocks go back tonight & I've woke up to snow. I spent last night burning candles, enjoying their scents and watching the snow fall. Idyllic or what? This means that's it time to pull out some of my all time favourite Christmas films (The Holiday, Love Actually, Bridget Jones & It's a Wonderful Life), get all cosy and snug with a blanket, light some candles and eat a bucket load of salted caramel popcorn & a tub of cinnamon waffle ice-cream!! Can you tell I love this season. Just imagine yourself going to a gorgeous cottage in the Cotswolds with an open fire and Jude Law - FYI I will marry him one day!

What do all these films have in common though? Carol singing, LOVE, snowfall, Christmas and obviously the mood setting candles.. Candles make everything seem 10x better, the smell, the soft light, the warmth they make you feel whilst reading a book next to them.

I'm a massive candle lover myself. I have several on my bedside table and on a night I switch off my lights, light up the candles and read. It just makes you feel so relaxed.. especially if you have a hot chocolate by your side - with extra marshmallows, whipped cream AND chocolate sprinkles - plus the fact they will eventually come in handy if you ever have to endure a powercut!

Two of my favourite brands to get candles from are (stating the obvious) Yankee Candles anddddd NEXT of all places! I've tried a lot of their fragrances from candles to scented diffusers, the strawberry & cream one being my favourite, and they really do smell bloody amazing!! Sometimes I find when you buy a candle it can smell amazing but when you light it no fragrance is released. Next's candles release the fragrance whilst they are burning and they have a range of scents to suit everyone's taste. From spices to a classic Noel. 

Here are my 4 picks from Next's fragrance & home collection. Perfect for making any room look cosy!



Perfect scents for autumn/winter: cinnamon, apple, pear, musk, christmas cookie, fig, spices, blissful autumn, red velvet, sugared apple! There's a lot of different candle scents at Next but vanilla is such a classic scent that leaves your room smelling sweet & inviting. Festive Spice is great for those nights when you're watching the tele with a glass of wine! Be sure to check Next's wonderful range out http://www.next.co.uk/search?w=candles&af=department:homeware

Comments