ones to watch: october

MUSIC

So here is my October edition of what my favourite songs from my playlist.. There is a mix of songs here. Anyone who knows me personally will know how I much I LOVE Calvin Harris, any song of his is amazing! Tyler James, for those of you know don't who he is, is from the UK version of The Voice, he didn't win but he did amazing, this is the debut single from his new album, I love it. There isn't much to say about why I chose Adele, beautiful. I wasn't a fan of Rihanna's new song the first time I heard it but it has definitely grew on me a lot! Lucy Rose, well she's a cutie and her voice is just ideal for autumn/winter.

Tyler James - Single Tear

Adele - Skyfall

Calvin Harris ft Florence - Sweet Nothing

Rihanna - Diamonds

Lucy Rose - Middle of the Bed


FASHION

My fashion picks for this month are pretty cosy!

Teddy boy coat.. This will be appearing in my haul post. It's ideal just to throw over any outfit and it adds a bit of androdynous feel to a girly outfit.
Flannel shirt.. Again this will be another item that will be in my haul (infact all these picks will be) Mine is from American Apparel and this is literally something super casual to wear & it's extremely cosy too! Perfect for putting on them days where you just can't be bothered to make any effort but it still looks like you have.
Urban outfitters.. Okay this is more of a shop pick but something certain inside the shop. We recently had a student lock in night with 20% off everything including sale (totes amaze) so I picked a few items up. I was dead impressed with the Renewal shirts, I picked up an absolutely gorgeous black/white/grey oversized printed shirt and it's amazing. I tie it in a knot when I wear a skirt or it's great just over leggings because it's long enough to cover your butt!
Boyfriend watches, ok I know they really aren't a trend this season but I adore my one from UO sale.. £5 instead of £36. It adds so much to an outfit, especially the fact it's rose gold & silver so you can mix match your other jewelry.
And finally... Oxblood. This is one of my favourite colours so I really love this trend this season. Its a great colour for complementing paler skins tones and warmer olive tones too! I don't own much oxblood but I now own a pair of oxblood loafers. In love.

BOOKS

My current book at the moment is.. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
I adoreeee this book. It literally is the best book, your imagination really kicks in. I wish the Night Circus was real. I'm over half way and I would definitely recommend this book.
Some other books on my to-read list are:
1Q84, The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared, The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes novel, Making History.
Also, if you have GoodReads check out my page.. it has what books I've read, what I'm reading and my to-read list. :-)

FILMS

Autumn is made for cosy nights at the cinema, sweet popcorn & a frozen fanta drink! Oh and a pick'n'mix too :-) There are quite a lot of films out this month that I really want to go and see..
The Perks of being a Wallflower
Ruby Sparks
Taken 2
Frankenweenie
On the Road
Madagascar 3
Ginger & Rosa

What are your picks for this month? xoxo

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for introducing me to lucy rose, she is amazing.
    Also, funny how pretty much all your movies are my picks for the month as well. Great minds?


    the making of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must see On The Road, I read the book and loved it. I see that you want to read The Fault In Our Stars too, the plot line seems a good one...even if I will probably cry. Love these types of posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment