ones to watch: november

MUSIC

This month I thought instead of giving you some up & coming artists I would give you a sneak peek into what I'll be listening to this month. The party season is upon us, but so are those dreaded cold nights where you want to curl up in bed & hide away! So this months playlist is a mix of those party hits, getting ready songs and some amazing acoustics. (I tried to somehow put my Spotify playlist on here but I'm not entirely sure how to, if anyone knows please comment!!)

mumford & sons - awake my soul | lianne la havas - forget | the goo goo dolls - iris | calvin harris ft florence - sweet nothing | edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros - home | belle & sebastian - piazza, new york catcher | arctic monkeys - when the sun goes down | mgmt - electric feel | the strokes - last nite | the clash - london calling | totally enormous extinct dinosaurs - tapes & money | joe goddard - go bananas | urban cone - freak | bombay bicycle club - leaving blues | calvin harris ft nicky romero - iron | taylor swift - we are never ever getting back together | the beatles - all you need is love | jake bugg - taste it | ceasers -  jerk it out | high highs - open season

FASHION

The cold season is upon us! That means for me wrapping up warm, be snug & cosy whilst being practical at the same time. I have to walk to both uni and work, 20minutes each way for both, a nightmare in cold weather. So for me outfits need to be quick, simple and warm.

key pieces I'll be wearing..  tartan scarf or fur collar, leather jacket, metal tipped boots (obsessed!), gold chain jewelry.. the rest of my outfit will probably be pretty monochrome as I like to accessorize it up with colours & textures!

Check out my winter essentials post coming soon for an idea of my outfits and key pieces from my wardrobe!

BOOKS

As I've been working a lot lately and reading a tonne of uni books for my essays, getting stuck into a good book really has been my escape. A different world with a lot less worries.

Charles Dickens - The Old Curiosity Shop & Great Expectations
Erin Morgenstern - The Night Circus
Norman Collins - London Belongs To Me

FILM/TV

I don't really get to watch that much TV but I will stick to watching my favourites on catch-up.. Emmerdale, Waterloo Rd, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE, George Clarkes Amazing Spaces and such. However of late I've been really getting into an upbeat drama-comedy about 4 young witches called 'Switch' - good witches not wicked witch of the west kind - 4 best friends with uber cool style (what do you expect from Lacy Turner & Hannah Tointon) and living in Camden, all part of a coven. Mondays 10pm watch!!

Now onto films.. Seriously it's getting to the point where I can't actually remember the last time I was all cosy in a cinema with a bag of toffee popcorn and a large coke! But as the festive season is upon us there is always some bloody great films coming out. And.. I will go to see them, even if I have to go alone!

Breaking Dawn ptII - I still need to watch the first part, but alas it is the final installment of the twilight saga! What will become of Edward & Bella?

Love Bite - Remember that guy from the UKs hit series Skins? The one that was in love with Effy? Well Luke Pasqualino is back. Think of raw british comedy in the form of virgins & werewolfs. Seems like it will be a bit of fun in the dull days of winter!

BLOGS I'M LOVING..



(sorry this post is a little late, it's taken me over a week to finish and post due to the fact that I've been overtaken by shifts at work and uni work, I've barely had time to eat! Hope you forgive me :-) I have a few days off next week so I'm back up to my home town where I will be relaxing and definitely getting some posts done, love you all xo)

Comments

  1. Loving your choices!
    Sorry can't help you out with Spotify, I don't use it! But Google always works a treat for that.

    the making of things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment