the christmas gift guide for a student budget

It is officially less than 4 weeks til Christmas now & I'm completely unorganised as per usual.. and skint. Instead of doing my usual christmas gift guide like last years, I thought I would do a gift guide for students like me who have little money but still want to make some form of present appear underneath the tree for their loved ones. I mean, I guess it's the thought that count but I know my family really deserve a good present for everything that they have done for me! Soppy I know.

So.. if you're a student and you're low on money but still want to buy presents then here are my tips:

1. Handmade.. it could literally be anything. Knit a scarf, sew a cushion.. Handmade items are cool, quirky and completely unique! No one else would have the same and it's a really thoughtful gift in my opinion.

2. Charity shops! They are great for anything. You could get your dad a record or buy your mam a faux fur coat.. cheap and great.

3. Ebay. You can find almost anything, even if it is something that is currently in the shop, you can more than likely find it half price.

4. Money. Okay so this is a gift guide for skint students but if you gave both your mam & dad £10 it is something for them to spend on themselves. They could put it towards that pair of shoes they want or that scarf.

5. Do the Christmas Day washing up?.. Okay so it's not a present but doing the dishes or helping with the making of the dinner would massively help and be a weight off the cooks mind.

6. If you can't afford anything then just tell them and say that when you do have some that you will take them out for a nice meal a la courtesy of you :-)

Do you have any great ideas for a low budget Christmas?.. xoxo

Comments