places to go and people to see

Okay, so I've been living in York for a year and a half now. I've done lots of things..eg tested out the nightlife and the shops but I want to explore the city I live in a little bit more. I mean York is probably most famous for it's shambles & of course.. the Minster. I haven't been in there yet and I can get in free for being a student. I feel like I need to do touristy things! 
Earlier this week, whilst having a catch up with my dad, wandering the cobbled streets, it came to my attention that in the centre of York, all within a few minutes walk there are more than 4 churches! It's something I've never noticed before, I'd love to visit them all. Yes, it may just be a church but the architecture of each is completely unique from the next. 

So far I have this..
visit York minster
day at York dungeons (been before but I love it!)
York library history archive, the nerd in me calls.
visit all the churches in the center, there's 5 all together!
museum gardens
York art gallery
cliffords tower
walk along the river walk
York merchant house
treasurers house
walk along the city walls
the wheel of York
York cold war bunker
the golden fleece, York's most haunted pub
Guy Fawkes pub

No doubt there shall be a lot more to add to my list as the rest of my year and a half go along but for now my list is sufficient :) If you have any suggestions for me comment below! And if you ever want a trip somewhere, come to York, it's beautiful. xo






Comments