lent, spent, dent

Sorry for another post of my musings but I've just lost total interest in my blog at the moment. It could be time to start afresh, new name, new design, new posts. The works.

So, today it is Shrove Tuesdays. In mine and yours language.. PANCAKE DAY. If you don't love pancakes then we can no longer be friends. Oh, and sweet for the record. I'll happily have mine with syrup, strawberries, nutella, banana, cream, lemon & sugar. Just gimme the pancakes. Pancake day is the last day before giving up something for 40 days. 

Last night me and my course friends were at our SU (hard to refuse 241 drinks) - especially with my new addiction of double cherry sourz and coke. Chatting about your latest gossip and goings on we got on to chatting about giving up something for Lent and went through the usual things of.. Carbs, chocolate, running (which neither of us do ha), cheese etc. 

Thinking about it more in depth today, after my latest Topshop delivery had arrived, I came to the conclusion that for Lent I won't be giving up and food or drink, but I shall be giving up a bad habit. Spending money on clothes and random tit bits that I don't need?! My shopping addiction is similar to that of a obsessive compulsive disorder. I see, I want, I buy. It's a rare occaission when I come home from a trip to town empty handed. My house mates always give me that look of disgrace. 

I've spent too much money, which leaves a huge dent in my bank balance, so for lent, I shall be giving up shopping. I will power through this. I'm determined. This means no clothes, no shoes, no jewelry, no nothing *sad face* (I may have to get my dear mother to purchase my birthday outfit for me in this case!)

What are you giving up for Lent?



Tumblr_m7v30vdamg1rabscko1_500_large

Comments