star-cross'd lovers

Valentines day is just another day in the year. 'Love' isn't about spending ridiculous amounts of money showering the one you love with gifts. It's the really little and simple things that count.. That cinema ticket from your first date or a poem.
“Love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake- its everything except what it is!"
Okay.. Who am I kidding?! Who doesn't love being spoiled rotten? As I'm single it means more money to treat myself to those pieces I am lusting over. I'll either be spending my night with my girls, a good film and a few beers or having a night out with copious cocktails, good music. No point in feeling like Bridget Jones, get out and enjoy yourself! Don't get me wrong who wouldn't enjoy getting a card from an 'admirer', oh the times in school when they would get posted in your tray. The art of romance is disappearing..


Who says that sexy underwear is just for a guy? There isn't a better feeling on Earth than wearing your favourite lingerie and brightening up that glum Monday morning or on a night before getting ready to go out the girls. Stick some lace on, put that seductive red lippy on, glass of wine (or a beer in my case) in hand and dance silly to your music. 

come here
and take off your clothes
and with them
every single worry
you have ever carried.
my fingertips on your back
will be the very last thing
you will feel
before sleeping
and the sound of my smile
will be the alarm clock
to your morning ears.
come here
and take off your clothes
and with them
the weight of every yesterday
that snuck atop your shoulders
and declared them home.
my whispers will be the soundtrack
to your secret dreams
and my hand
the anchor to the life
you will open your eyes to.
come here
and take of your clothes.



This is without a doubt a great outfit to wear on a girly valentines night out. THINK PINK. I can never deal with girly girly so rock it up with studs.

Whatever you're doing this St Valentines day have a lovely one. Share the love. xo

Comments