the musings of my mind & teenage angst

I'm beginning to feel like something is going my way for once. This semester at uni we have to do a placement.. my lecturer suggested your average blasé History placements such as museums. Don't get me wrong I love museums and aimlessly wandering around them but, not for a job. I want to be a journalist. It's all my brain has known. So, applying to all local newspapers/magazines has begun, it's probably just me being overly optimistic. Despite my pessimism I have had a reply, yippee! Fingers crossed that I may get a placement/internship with one of York's coolest up and coming magazines. (Cross all your body parts possible for me pretty please) 
On another note, I have a house for next year now. It's not mouldy, damp or minging. It's like a palace in comparison to this sh*t hole I live in now. Praise the Lord. It's a cute little terraced house. Cosy little back yard - bring on summer and BBQ's. Cannot wait to move in to be quite honest. A fresh new start. 
Sorry for this super rambly bullsh*t I'm blurting out. Needed an outlet. My blog is my friend after all. Ugh, the dreaded St Valentines is looming upon us soon (I much prefer the loveliness of Pancake Day - 2 days before). Such a moneymaking scam. I'm spending it with my girls, cocktails and laughter. Who needs smelly boys anyway? (fyi I'm York's version of Bridget Jones) 
Off on another tangent but the past few weeks I've been having the most bizarre dreams, and I mean like proper bloody strange. I'd get carted off in a white jacket, strapped to a board if I told a psychiatrist. I wake up with a sense of unease and feeling scared. What I'm scared for I don't know, after all dreams & nightmares aren't real!! I feel like my unease is that of someone who is stuck in a rut. I need adventure. Sick of everything being so bloody mundane and full of routine. I need an escape. I want to explore. Italy could be the place. Today I'm just feeling full of angst. Go away please. I can't be the only one who wishes at times that their brain would just switch off for a little while? Too many thoughts and questions wandering around. Maybe I'm having a quarter life crisis if that's even possible. 20 next month. Scary. Time goes far too quick. << >> rewind please. 
Outburst over, brain exploded. 

Tumblr_mhclv7yqg71rhqnt3o1_250_large Tumblr_mdr13fr0fk1qan19ko6_400_large 

Tumblr_m9h9nhx17i1qci0woo1_500_large 19428_409866655759698_998924395_n_large

397758_504184822938111_1115229999_n_large

x

Comments