life lately





The last few weeks have been hectic to say the least. I literally haven't known whether I'm coming or going. Last night I officially finished my second year of university as I pressed submit on my placement report! Cannot quite believe how quick time is going, soon enough I'll be thrust into the big wide world. 
The weather has been delightful this week but until today I haven't had anytime to bask in the British summer. I've either been at work or stuck in the office at my placement. Today was lovely though. York is such a beautiful place come whatever weather and I intended to make the most of a free day. Sunglasses, NME and iPod packed into my bag I headed into town. The city centre was too busy for my liking.. imagine the usual Saturday crowds but with more added due to the sunshine and the Food Festival (had to avoid because I could have ate everything there!). I wandered over to the museum gardens. Greenery, birds singing, an observatory, abbey ruins and a museum. Ideal. I sat up against the ruins and basked in the sunshine, toe tapping away to Miles Kane and Deap Vally. Within two hours freckles appeared and my shoulders slowly turning into a red, time to head home.
Apart from that all I have done of late is watch Dexter on Netflix on a night and hang with friends. Leeds showed me a different side with posh cocktails and chilled vibes and my Miles Kane gig at The Duchess was bloody wonderful, signed vinyl had to be purchased!

Hope you are all making the most of the sun!
x
(Oh and how beautiful is my nana in the black & white photograph)!

Comments