| and life takes over |

Excuse me while I hang my head in shame for breaking my girl guide promise to post more.
After a three month long break post university, enjoying the sunshine, relaxing with friends and just generally making the most of a well deserved rest life took an unexpected and extremely opposite turn at the end of August. Money dwindling and reality hitting hard, I needed to find a job, you know, a 'career' as our parents would like to call it. Well after spending two weeks and many hours filling in job applications and editing my CV I bagged myself an interview. Job offered on the spot, champion. Although it was a zero hour contract, and my first week consisted of four hour shifts, I got booted straight into full time 30+ hour weeks. Yep, that's been my life for the past four months and it has been bloody exhausting, Travelling two hours a day to get to and from work, not including traffic, as soon as I get home I eat, if I can be bothered, then sleep. I definitely sound like I'm making excuses, I probably am a little bit, but, someone in my life gave me the kick up the butt I needed! I'm not sure what I have in store for my blog in the future but I will try a lot harder to post on a more regular basis. Myself and my boyfriend are going to dedicate our Sunday evenings to our writing obligations.
So, before I throw myself in at the deep end of the blogosphere and promising daily posts, here's a recap of my 2014. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, let the best year of our life commence..

2014 achievements

# graduating university and getting a 2:1 in my history degree at York Minster
# throwing myself off the plank of a cruise ship into a full time job
# decluttering my life of shitty people
# dropping two jean sizes in 6 months

Other notable moments..
completed watching numerous tv series, visiting Edinburgh, eating my first ever steak, doing tourist things where I lived, visiting more galleries and exhibitions, being more confident in myself and of course I can't miss off meeting my amazing boyfriend (cheesy I know).






Comments