|| Afternoon Tea ||

Left - Marrakech Mint Middle - Love Tea Right - Afternoon

I'm not even going to get into my arm long list of excuses of why I haven't written in a good six months. A lack of motivation and being genuinely fucking scared to post. The blogging world isn't what it was when I started out 7 years ago. I've always been unsure of my own talents and the fact that there are already so many well established bloggers have put me off pushing for my dreams because I feel like a needle in a haystack trying to achieve my dreams. Now before I sit and cry myself into an Alice in Wonderland related situation I'm going to crack on with the main event.

TEA. And lots of it. 

If you looked into my kitchen cupboards you'd pretty much see a whole shelf dedicated to mine and Karl's addiction to tea and coffee. From coffee beans to green tea I've steadily been buying more and more. When you're boyfriend is struggling to get your last few birthday presents give hints, big hints of 'hello, this is nice'. That normally does the trick. Wandering into Whittards of Chelsea just for a look I get tricked into the tasters.. Not even joking when I say this tea smelt like the stuff red velvet cake dreams are made of. 'Love' tea is exactly what it says on the tin. It's the smell I fell in love with and the taste is just as delightful as the sound. 

I feel like loose tea is the way forward. Pure ingredients. I think I picked Love Tea purely for the sweet treat ingredients. A blend based on their red velvet cake infusion tea with an extra sprinkling of sugar hearts to help spread the love. Cocoa kernels, creamy coconut and sugared hazelnuts create a chocolate treat without the calories and raspberries create that sweet summer flavour we all love. This is limited edition so I would run to get your hands on it while you can. (£10)

I popped back in a couple of days later as they had some miniature sets. I had set my sights on Marrakech Mint and Afternoon. A few years back (by a few I mean about 8) I went on a day trip to Morroco and had the most beautifully minty sweet tea. I've been dying to get my hands on a pretty close copy of the original and nothing has cut the mustard. I'm yet still to try this one but if I'm going off the tastes of Love Tea then I'm not going to be disappointed. Also in the pack was Afternoon, a rendition on Breakfast that's supposedly to go with Afternoon tea, hence the name. Now, if that's not an excuse to get the girls around for a possibly boozy and cream cake filled afternoon tea then. I don't know what is! 

Any future recommendations for me? Hit me up via twitter @lauraconveryxo or Instagram @lrcnvry

Comments