|| Leeds to Liverpool Canal Trip ||

There's nothing more I love in life than a little family adventure. Full of laughs and more laughs with the people I hold closest to my heart. A few years back we hired two canal boats in Skipton, near Leeds, to go along the canal to Leeds and stop for a little boat picnic along the way. Obviously you only get the boat until about 4pm unless you've hired it for the weekend, which there are options available to do so, but in the time between 9am and 3pm you can roughly make it to half way to Keighley. 

It's a gorgeous little adventure. We all take turns in driving the boat, which in all honesty isn't actuall that hard to do! If you want my advice, turn the handle the opposite way of which you want to actually go.

Normally, because my family is quite large, we hire two boats. A larger canal boat and a smaller one. This time we all squeezed onto one larger one. There's a job and kettle for your cups of tea and seats inside for if it gets a little chilly. All the boats have super cute pair names, good old Rosie and Jim, Bill and Ben.

It's a lovely little day out and the views are stunning. I sometimes think life would be easier if I lived on a canal boat. Unfortunely the other half will not allow my dream! 


How can there be a song about ugly ducklings?! Signets are gorgeous. They look so fluffy rather than being feathery. Maybe they grow into their feathers like Dalmatians grow into their spots?


Rosie & Jim. A classic canal pairing.
There's even a canal ice cream and tea boat!! It's literally the dream life. Count me in for moving onto a canal boat.


It's so nice to escape the city and sit back with a cup of tea and a book once in a while. I'd say we had escaped the hustle and bustle but there was a main road next to the canal along some of the way.



My guy. He's the cutest. I'm biased but so.




Again, gorgeous creatures. However, they can be quite viscous. We were sat trying to eat some of our lunch and the mother did keep trying to attack us. They did enjoy a M&S fruit scone though. 



If you haven't been on a canal boat do it. It's bloody great. 











Comments